1. What are the benefits of owning Gold?
Protects you against currency devaluations. Wealth protector
You can own the real gold – Physical Possession. Value is based on the dollar currency which allows you to edge your wealth against the rand
2. How is a Krugerrand made?
Rand Refinery produces the blank Krugerrand which is then sent to the South African mint for minting. Once minted they’re then returned to the Rand Refinery who sells them to accredited dealers.
3. How much does a Krugerrand weigh?
A Krugerrand weighs 33.931 grams, of which 31.103 grams is fine gold.
(An ounce equals 31.103 grams)
4. How many carats is a Krugerrand?
The Krugerrand is made from 22 carat gold.
5. How do I know if a Krugerrand is authentic?
IBV Gold uses The Fisch Test – This tests the following in a Krugerrand Diameter: 32.77mm
We would also test the weight of the coin.
6. How much is a Krugerrand worth?
Krugerrands are based on its gold content plus a small premium. Most of the Krugerrands value comes from the gold bullion content, which can be determined by checking the current gold spot price.